Pat Schneider founded the method through her book, Writing Alone and with Others (Oxford University Press, 2003). Nothing could be more appropriate to the COVID times we’re living through right now. The AWA method adheres to Five Essential Affirmations:
- Everyone has a strong, unique voice
- Everyone is born with creative genius
- Writing as an art form belongs to all people, regardless of economic class or educational level
- The teaching of craft can be done without damage to a writer’s original voice or artistic self-esteem
- A writer is someone who writes
AWA Certified Affiliate Barbara Krasner
AWA Certified Affiliate Barbara Krasner is a former contributing editor to Family Chronicle Magazine and Heritage Quest Magazine. Her articles have also appeared in Ancestry, Genealogical Computing, Family Tree Magazine, and other trade publications. Her literary work based on family history has appeared in Jewish Literary Journal, Consequence, South 85 Journal, Gravel, The Smart Set, Poor Yorick, and other literary journals.